Cover Photo by Tatiana Shimchenok
Thanks be to God!
This probably happens to all first time mommas- their first year with the new baby makes every holiday, every milestone, every trip to the grocery store worth documenting and that much more special. Since Remy, we have celebrated, Father’s Day, Independence Day, Labor day weekend, Halloween and now a very special one, Thanksgiving Day!
I wanted to share with you all what I am thankful for this year, and more importantly every day. This sounds horrible, but how often is it that we forget to thank the Creator on a daily basis for all we are so blessed to have? I just watched a segment on the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia tonight, and it’s atrocious! How they, we, can all be okay with hosting such a joyous and opulent celebration in such a poverty stricken part of the world just blows my mind…Isn’t there an Olympic committee somewhere? Ethics? Sorry…late night ramble…
So tonight before I tuck in, and this Thanksgiving as I share an abundant meal with family and friends, this are what I am most thankful for.
1. Those two faces right up there. My husband works so hard and so long at work and at home to make a beautiful life for us. That baby is a J.O.Y. Even at 2, and 4, and 6 am. I am in awe every day of her and how I got to be so lucky to receive her.
2. A roof over our heads, clothes to cover our bodies, food to nourish them, a car to get around in, heat and lights, clean water to drink and bathe in, indoor plumbing, can we sum this up as UTILITIES? After seeing what is happening Syria and many places in the world, we are SO EXTREMELY blessed to turn a tap on folks.
3. That we live in what most would consider a safe and peaceful part of the world.
4. Freedom of speech and access to internet to write this blog and self educate.
5. Health. A reminder to take care of this body more; physically, mentally and spiritually. The body is a temple.
I hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing holiday. We are headed to see family and hope you are too. I am in charge of the garden salad this year…should be safe enough! What are you all thanking the good Lord for this year?